Capacity charts show you an overview of your teams' planned or actual capacity. You can see with these charts if your teams have time available to support new projects or check if their workload is balanced.
For information, the planned capacity of a person corresponds to the ratio between the numbers of hours that are planned for him compared to his total hours of availability.
For its part, the actual capacity is a ratio between the numbers of actual hours that this person has entered in his timesheet compared to his total hours of availability.
The following guide shows the information you need to complete to add a capacity graph to your dashboard.
Title of the element
Indicate the name you want to assign to your indicator.
Use these bars to adjust the size of your chart on your dashboard.
To do this, click on the blue dot and move it while keeping the click of your mouse pushed.
Select a period to filter the list of projects for which to take capacity values.
- Current year: The indicator will take into account the planned or actual hours of projects in progress during this year.
Example: Projects in progress during the year 2017.
- Current month: The indicator will take into account the planned or actual hours of projects in progress during this month.
Example: Projects in progress during the month of December 2017.
- Dashboard period: The indicator will take into account the planned or actual hours of projects in progress during the period you have chosen on your dashboard.
Example: Projects in progress between December 1 and December 15, 2017
Select the desired method to group your data:
- Position: Group your employees according to the positions assigned to them
- Team: Group your employees according to the teams they are assigned to on the organizational chart page
- Main category: Visualize the efforts of your resources according to the main categories of projects they have worked on
- Secondary category: Visualize the efforts of your resources according to the categories of secondary projects they worked on
- Employees: Visualize the capacity of each of your employees on the graph
Choose how your data will be grouped on your chart:
- Month: Your data will be represented by month for the chosen period (better suited Current Year period).
- Week: your data will be displayed weekly (best suited for periods of several months)
- Day: Your data will be grouped by day (usually suitable for very short periods)
Take the real time
By default, capacity graph modules are based on scheduled times. By checking the Take Real Time option, you will be able to adapt your charts so that they are based on the hours entered by your teams in your timesheet.
By default, capacity chart modules show data as a percentage of availability. By unchecking the Percentage option, you will be able to adapt your charts so that the data displayed is in planned or actual hours.
By default, capacity modules display your data as graphics. By checking the Show in Table option, you will be able to see your data as a table to display more details.
Filter data displayed on your module
By default the graphical capacity modules show the total capacity of your resources. Whatever type of grouping you choose (by position, team, main category, secondary category, or resource), you will be able to choose which values will be displayed on your chart.
To do this, place your mouse cursor on the module in question so that the Legend button appears at the bottom right of the section. Clicking on it will open a panel to the right side of your screen where you can select the different sections for which you want to view the planned or actual capacity.
Warning: The display of graphics is done through the use of a third party tool. For now, we cannot save values to display in dashboards and templates.